Thursday 3 April 2008

I've lost my gear!

I'm off to the Lake District tomorrow with my brother for a weekend of walking. Right now I'm trying to pack. Only trouble is it's ages (years in fact) since I last did any serious walking, and I'm struggling to locate my stuff! So far I have found one sock and one glove, neither particularly useful in their own right!

Most annoyingly, I have not found the waterproof jacket that cost me over £100 last year, and I have not found my walking boots although I have a pair of walking shoes that will probably do just as well.

I can see a morning raid on one of the outdoor equipment shops becoming a necessity!

Meanwhile, back in the land of buses, today was a bit hectic but went mostly to plan.

V12 did the 0708 Botley - Eastleigh then came off for a professional valet, along with V14.
V12 went back on for the 1220 E-B-E, 384 then dropped back a trip so that W558 could come off for its replacement windscreen.

Various bits of work were done on V14 so that now the only outstanding problem is that the rear number blind doesn't work, but this will be enough to keep it off on Friday as we're not sure exactly when the electrician is coming to fix that!

Luckily the petrol station was working again so we managed to fuel all the buses tonight! KU02 was fuelled for probably the last time before going off hire and I may well take it on a farewell tour of Botley and Hedge End on the 0708 tomorrow morning.

We're doing this special offer over the next two weeks of a flat 50p child fare for the school holidays, so my late evening task this evening was to programme that on to the ticket machines.

All a bit mundane I'm afraid, but it goes like that sometimes!

Back to the packing!

1 comment:

cogidubnus said...

Got all the gear...Got all the gear? Good grief it sounds like Taz is a ventriloquist...

:-)