Sunday 15 June 2008

The customer is always right

It's Saturday afternoon, and service A has fallen apart because of cricket traffic around the Rose Bowl.

So I leap in V12 (spare bus) and go hunting for passengers. First trip round I pick up a load at West End Post Office at around 1635, mostly for Parkway station but a few going into Eastleigh.

I head out for a second trip, get back to West End Post Office at 1715 and find a few more people waiting (I know at least one other bus has gone through in the meantime).

"Thank goodness you're here", announces a lady passenger in haughty tone, "we've been waiting an hour and a half and no buses have come!"

"I'm so sorry," I reply sweetly, "I must have missed you when I was here forty minutes ago".

Haughty lady issues a loud "hmmmmph" and flounces off down the bus.

Lady behind her, part of the same party, sotto voce to me: "Actually, we all went to the pub!"

No comments: